Get A Free Estimate Today
Please fill out the form and we will get back to you shortly.
Dryer Vent Cleaning in Fort Lee, NJ 07024
Dryer Duct Cleaning: How Often Do You Need Professional Fort Lee, NJ Dryer Vent Cleaning Services
When the homeowners of New Jersey need professional dryer duct cleaning services, there’s only one company they call: Apex Air Duct Cleaning and Chimney Services! For more than 30 years, our locally owned and operated Fort Lee, NJ dryer duct cleaning company has been improving the efficiency and ensuring the safety of New Jersey clothes dryers with high-end dryer duct cleaning services. Our team of fully licensed and insured, professionally trained, and highly experienced technicians use the most advanced tools, state-of-the-art equipment, and proven techniques and strategies to remove all lint, dirt, and debris from dryer ducts. We get the job done fast, but we don’t take any shortcuts, and we charge the fairest and most affordable prices, too. For the best dryer duct cleaning services in Bergen County, get in touch with Apex Air Duct Cleaning and Chimney Services!
How Often Do You Need Professional Fort Lee, NJ Dryer Duct Cleaning Services
While doing the laundry isn’t exactly an enjoyable chore, imagine how much more of a drag it would be if you didn’t have modern appliances, like a clothes dryer? Imagine having to wrestle with your damp laundry, hang it up on a clothesline outside, or find a spot inside your Bergen County house to hang it to dry? It would be a total nuisance. Not only is hanging laundry up to dry a tedious task, but it can also take a long time to thoroughly dry. Needless to say, it’s a pretty safe bet that you’re glad you have a dryer to help out with this never-ending chore.
In order to ensure that your dryer continues to make washing your laundry convenient, the appliance needs to be properly maintained. One of the most crucial parts of that maintenance is regular dryer duct cleaning. A dryer duct is a flexible tube that connects the appliance to the vent that’s positioned on the exterior of your Bergen County home, allowing hot air and moisture to travel out of your house. Lint, dirt, hair, and debris that falls off of your wash, however, can travel up the duct, accumulate, and eventually, clog it up. When that happens, the efficiency of your dryer will be negatively impacted, and even more alarmingly, the risk of a fire breaking out will increase. The Consumer Product Safety Commission estimates that clogged dryer vents and ducts are responsible for about 15,000 dryer fires each year. Why? Because as the heat that escapes your dryer makes contact with the lint and debris that’s clogging the vent and ductwork can ignite.
In order to ensure that your dryer continues to operate as efficiently as possible, to reduce the risk of a fire, and to protect the safety of your family, regular dryer duct cleaning is a must. A professional dryer duct cleaning is recommended at least once a year; however, there are several factors that may require more frequent cleanings. Read on to find out about these factors and if you should have a Fort Lee, NJ dryer duct cleaning professional clean the ducts and vents more frequently.
You Have a Large Family
The larger your family, the more loads of laundry you’re going to do. The more loads of laundry you run through the dryer, the more lint, dirt, hair, and debris will collect in the vent and the ductwork. If you have a larger family, you should consider scheduling professional Fort Lee, NJ dryer vent cleaning more than once a year.
You Have Furry Family Members
You love your four-legged family members, but they can increase the frequency that you need to have dryer duct cleaning services performed. Why? Well, there’s no doubt that you know your furry friend’s hair collects on your clothing, linens, blankets, and pretty much everywhere in your Bergen County house. When you toss your laundry in the wash, the dog or cat hair that’s on your clothing, bed sheets, blankets, quilts, and whatever else you’re washing is going to fall off, collect in the lint trap, and travel up the dryer duct and vent. Not only will that hair clog up the vent and ductwork, but it is also highly flammable. As such, if you have pets, you’re going to want to arrange to have professional Fort Lee, NJ dryer vent cleaning services more often than once a year.
You Wash Heavy Fabrics
Towels, sheets, quilts, blankets, pillows, coats; if you wash a lot of items that are made of heavy fabrics, you should really consider having a professional dryer duct cleaning a few times a year. Thicker, bulkier fabrics tend to shed a lot, and as such, they produce more lint. The more lint falls off your laundry, the more frequently your dryer ducts and vents are going to need to be cleaned to reduce the risk of clogs and fires.
Signs You Need to Schedule a Dryer Duct Cleaning Service
So, how can you tell when you should schedule an appointment with a Fort Lee, NJ dryer vent cleaning professional? If you’re experiencing any of the following, you’re going to want to schedule an appointment for a dryer duct cleaning as soon as possible.
- Damp laundry. Even though you’re using the same cycle that you normally do and running the appliance for the same amount of time as you usually do, if your laundry still feels wet when you pull it out of the dryer, you’re definitely going to want to contact a Fort Lee, NJ dryer vent cleaning professional.
- Excess heat. If the exterior of the dryer feels hot to the touch, if your garments are excessively hot, or if your laundry room seems to be warmer than usual, those are all signs that you should schedule a professional dryer duct cleaning. When the ductwork gets clogged, instead of exhausting from your Bergen County home, the heat the appliance produces will cycle back into the dryer, as well as the space that it’s housed in.
- Strange odors. If you notice a burning smell when your dryer is running or if your laundry smells musty when you pull it out of the dryer, a call to a Fort Lee, NJ dryer vent cleaning professional is a must. A burning smell could indicate that the lint clogged in the ductwork and vent are starting to ignite, and a musty smell indicates that the laundry isn’t thoroughly drying.
- Excessive lint. Lint is normal, and you should empty out your lint trap after each use; however, if it seems like there is a lot more lint than normal, or if there are pieces of lint stuck on your laundry, then you should definitely schedule an appointment with a dryer duct cleaning technician.
- It’s been longer than a year. As mentioned above, experts recommend having your dryer ducts cleaned at least once a year, no matter how frequently the appliance is used; therefore, if it’s been more than a year since you have had it cleaned or you can’t recall the last time you had it serviced, call a Fort Lee, NJ dryer duct cleaning professional.
For Fast, Efficient, and Affordable Dryer Duct Cleaning in Bergen County, Call Apex Air Duct Cleaning and Chimney Services!
When it comes to premium-quality, fast, efficient, reliable, and affordable dryer duct cleaning in Bergen County, there’s only one company to call: Apex Air Duct Cleaning and Chimney Services! We’re a premier Fort Lee, NJ dryer duct cleaning company that has more than 30 years of experience. Our team of licensed and insured professionals will make sure that your dryer duct and vent are thoroughly cleaned, that the appliance is as efficient as possible, and that your New Jersey home and your family are protected. For more information or to request a free consultation, call 732-314-7171 today!
Map of Fort Lee, NJ
Here are some cleaning-related links: