Get A Free Estimate Today
Please fill out the form and we will get back to you shortly.
Chimney Sweeping in Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922
Signs That Chimney Services Near Me Is Worth Considering In Berkeley Heights, NJ
chimney sweeping in Union County is not an unnecessary expense – It’s for assurance that harmful gases from the fireplace keep getting removed when you use it during winters.
The chimney sweeping is one household task that isn’t widely discussed unless any complaint arises. But it’s essential to pay attention to the chimney sweeping as it produces dangerous combustion byproducts.
How Clean Chimney Is Associated With Health And Safety?
It is essential to clean the fireplace in your home, whether you have one fireplace or more. Cleaning the chimney is necessary for its healthy functioning, long-lasting use, and preventing dangerous gases from your house. Avoiding the cleanliness of the chimney leads to blockage and buildup of toxic gases inside your home.
From the combustion of fire, harmful byproducts evolve in gases, and inhalation of these gases is detrimental to health. It can cause severe respiratory problems, and we all are familiar with the fact that suffocation or carbon monoxide poisoning is life-threatening.
The Chimney Safety Institute of America and National Fire Protection report mandates that homeowners around Union County clean the chimney at least twice a year. Many homeowners in Berkeley Heights, NJ, have been using the vent for the entire year but ignore its cleaning.
5 Signs When You Need Professional Chimney Services Near Me
We have listed down signs you should observe, and accordingly, contact a comprehensive chimney service near me as soon as possible. However, sometimes you don’t see any obvious signs but call the professionals right now if you forgot when you cleaned it.
1) Creosote Buildup: Creosote buildup is the formation of a carcinogenic chemical that is formed on a chimney’s wall due to wood burning. It’s a natural byproduct released from the chimney fire, harmful to your home and health.
2) Obstruction In Chimney: Various obstructions in a chimney require professional service; the block may include leaves, dead rodents, and creosote. If you find a high number of flies unusually in your home, it might indicate dead animals inside the chimney.
3) Soot Collection: Soot is very harmful to health as it contains cancer-causing elements. It is a dark-colored byproduct caused by combustion. Soot should be removed to prevent corrosion on the chimney’s essential components and to improvise air quality.
4) Dirt On Damper: This indicates that your chimney needs cleanup when the damper is closed. The damper is opened using the fireplace to let the smoke out from your home. It helps airflow out of your house when the fireplace is not used.
5) Flue Blockage: Chimney flue is the place that requires most of the cleaning time as here all the creosote builds. During the chimney inspection, the flue liner may need repairing and cleaning. If the chimney flue liner is cracked and left untreated, it allows the carbon monoxide to enter your home, and your home might catch fire.
It is easy to see any of the signs when you left your chimney uncleaned for over a year. However, experts recommend that you clean the chimney twice a year to protect your health and safety.
Do you observe any of the above signs with your chimney? Hire professional chimney services near me today with Union County’s leading chimney company. Call us now at 732-314-7171 and schedule your preferred chimney services near me, like chimney inspection, repair, or cleaning with Apex Air Duct Cleaning and Chimney Services in Berkeley Heights, NJ.
The homeowners in Union County mostly avoid the chimney sweep, but they must understand the seriousness of this job and get it done with certified chimney sweeps. You should avoid sweeping your chimney by yourself.
Don’t worry about all the concerns associated with cleaning the vent. Take professional service regularly. You will be surprised by the buildup found in the chimney. Animals also use it like raccoons, chimney swifts, and rodents.
The professional chimney sweeps from Apex Air Duct Cleaning and Chimney Services in Berkeley Heights, NJ can easily tackle the cleaning of the duct. Apex Air Duct Cleaning and Chimney Services has a license from the chimney Safety Institute of America, and our professionals deal with all chimney services near me, including chimney repair and cleaning of the chimney.
While cleaning the chimney, our professional chimney sweep inspects the chimney and fireplace and finds out the hidden problems, which are difficult to detect.
No more should suffer from chimney problems. Call us now at 732-314-7171 and book an appointment for a chimney inspection and cleaning with the best-certified chimney sweeps in Berkeley Heights.
Some information about Berkeley Heights, NJ
Berkeley Heights is a township in Union County, New Jersey, United States. A bedroom community in northern-central New Jersey, the township is nestled within the Raritan Valley region in the New York metropolitan area. As of the 2010 United States Census, the township’s population was 13,183, reflecting a decline of 224 (-1.7%) from the 13,407 counted in the 2000 Census, which had in turn increased by 1,427 (+11.9%) from the 11,980 counted in the 1990 Census.
The Lenape Native Americans were known to inhabit the region, including the area now known as Berkeley Heights, dating back to the 1524 voyage of Giovanni da Verrazzano to what is now the lower New York Bay.
The earliest construction in Berkeley Heights began in an area that is now part of the 1,960 acres (7.9 km2) Watchung Reservation, a Union County park that includes 305 acres (1.23 km2) of the township.
The first European settler was Peter Willcox, who received a 424 acres (1.72 km2) land grant in 1720 from the Elizabethtown Associates. This group bought much of northern New Jersey from the Lenape in the late 17th century. Willcox built a grist and lumber mill across Green Brook.
Directions from Berkeley Heights, NJ to Apex Air Duct Cleaning and Chimney Services
Here are some cleaning-related links:
- International Janitorial Cleaning Services Association
- International Sanitary Supply Association
- Association of Residential Cleaning Services International
- Cleaning For A Reason: An ISSA Charity