Please fill out the form and we will get back to you shortly.
Check Out Our Reviews
Chimney Repair In Ramsey
Apex Air Duct Cleaning and Chimney: A Leading Bergen County Chimney Servicing Company
Apex Air Duct Cleaning and Chimney is a leading Ramsey, NJ chimney repair and fireplace maintenance company. Since 1975, our fully licensed and insured, locally owned and operated company has been maintaining and repairing the fireplaces and chimneys of homeowners throughout the Bergen County area. Whether you’re in need of routine chimney inspections or emergency fireplace repairs, you can count on our team of certified technicians to ensure that your fireplace is working safely and properly. We’re committed to offering the fastest, most reliable, and most affordable results, and our commitment to meeting the needs and exceeding the expectations of the clients we serve. It’s for these reasons and more that so many Bergen County property owners rely on us for all of their chimney servicing needs. If you’re looking for a reputable company that specializes in chimney repair near you, contact the pros at Apex Air Duct Cleaning and Chimney.
Chimney Servicing: What It’s So Important
A fireplace is comprised of several components, and while each element plays an integral part in the overall function of the structure, the chimney is the largest and arguably the most important. A chimney exhausts the smoke and soot that a fire creates, and feeds a fire the oxygen that it needs to thrive. In other words, without a chimney, you wouldn’t be able to enjoy the warmth and ambiance that your fireplace provides.
While chimneys are supposed to be durably designed and constructed of strong materials in order to ensure they can withstand extreme temperatures and the harsh byproducts of combustion, as well as the elements, these structures and all of the elements that they contain (the flue, liner, damper, flashing, grown, cap, etc.), can experience problems. Repeat exposure to the weather, as well as constant use, can lead to wear and tear. Furthermore, if it’s poorly constructed and if the ground around your house settles, a chimney can shift and/or sustain damage, rendering your fireplace unsafe.
To avoid the risk of serious damages and potential hazards, chimney servicing is essential. With routine chimney inspections performed by a reputable Ramsey, NJ chimney repair technician, damage to the structure and the components that it’s comprised of can be detected and corrected as soon as possible, thereby preventing further and more costly damage, and more importantly, potentially serious risks to the health and safety of your family.
Common Types of Chimney Damage
Whether the result of general wear and tear, exposure to the elements, or improper installation, chimneys can sustain a number of damages. Some of the most common types of damages that your Bergen County chimney could experience include:
- Damaged mortar. A chimney that is constructed of masonry materials, such as brick or stone, mortar is a vital component, as it’s the glue that holds the masonry together. Constant exposure to high temperatures, smoke, creosote, and the elements, such as moisture, wind, and even the UV rays of the sun, as well as ground shifting, can damage the mortar. When the mortar is damaged, moisture intrusion can occur and other elements of your chimney can be damaged; furthermore, the structural integrity of the chimney could be compromised and it could potentially collapse.
- Damage to the flue. A chimney is lined with a flue, which protects the structure from creosote, gases, and excessive temperatures. Exposure to the byproducts of combustion, as well as moisture intrusion and ground settling, can damage the flue, which can cause a number of serious problems; an increased risk of house fires, for example.
- Crown issues. Your Bergen County chimney is topped with a crown. The crown prevents debris, such as dirt, sticks, leaves, snow, rain, and even pests, from entering the structure. If the crown is damaged or missing, the elements that this component is intended to keep out can make their way inside your chimney, which could lead to blockages, prevent proper oxygen flow and exhaust, and could increase the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning and house fires.
These are just a few of the issues that can occur with your Bergen County chimney. Often, it’s difficult to tell if these problems exist until the damage becomes so severe that the safety of your home and family could be in serious danger. With routine chimney servicing performed by a professionally trained and certified Ramsey, NJ chimney repair technician, any underlying issues can be detected and corrected before they become major, costly, and dangerous problems.
Chimney Servicing by Apex Air Duct Cleaning and Chimney
Apex Air Duct Cleaning and Chimney has been maintaining the safety of Bergen County chimneys since 1975. In the more than 46 years that we have been in business, we have developed a comprehensive and highly effective chimney servicing process to ensure the safety of the clients that we serve. Our certified technicians will start the process by performing a thorough evaluation of your entire chimney, from the crown to the damper. Using the most state-of-the-art tools, the most advanced technologies, and a proven set of techniques and strategies, our technicians will examine every component of your chimney, from top to bottom. During the inspection, some of the issues that we’ll be on the lookout for include:
- Damage to the masonry and mortar joints
- Damage to the crown or cap
- Moisture intrusion
- Spalling and efflorescence
- Cracks in the flue
- Issues with the firebox and damper
During the inspection, if our technicians notice any issues, we’ll let you know right away. We’ll also let you know what repairs we recommend to repair those issues, and will provide you with an accurate price estimate. Once we have your approval, we will make any repairs, thus ensuring that your chimney is in proper working order and that your fireplace is safe to use.
Contact Bergen County’s Leading Chimney Servicing Experts
A fireplace is an asset to your Bergen County home; make sure it stays that way by having it serviced by a reputable professional at least once a year. Apex Air Duct Cleaning and Chimney is a leading fireplace repair and chimney inspection company, and with our services, you can rest easy knowing that your chimney and fireplace are functioning properly and that your family will be safe and secure. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 732-314-7171 or visit https://www.apexchimneyrepairs.com today!
- Learn more about Ramsey, NJ 07446
- Open a Ramsey, NJ map
- Find the Ramsey, NJ United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Ramsey, NJ pharmacies
- View the current Ramsey, NJ weather report
- Browse a list of Ramsey, NJ public and private schools
- Ramsey, NJ is located in Bergen county in New Jersey State